Tomorrow is the big day, Valentine’s Day! Crafting some silliness today with the kids. Knock Knock Who’s There jokes are always funny and a favorite of kids. So how about a little Valentine House, knock and open the door for some Valentine silly knock knock jokes inside.
The supplies needed are some of the staples of kids’ crafts: felt, buttons and chenille stems.
You will need:
9” x 12” Kunin Craftcut Classic Felt, 2 red, 1 white
10- ½” Red Buttons
3 White chenille stems
Scissors, measuring tape, pencil, paper, pins, pinking shears or decorative scissors, black marker
1. From red felt cut one 2 ½” heart, one ¾” by 8” strip 6”, two 1 ½” by 3” pieces for chimney with decorative scissors. From white felt cut three hearts, two 2”, one 3”. Cut two roof triangle pieces from corners of white felt measuring 6” by 6” by 9”. Cut one door 3” by 5” from white felt. Tip: Cut paper heart patterns by folding paper in half and then pinning on to felt for kids to cut out is easier for younger ones then cutting the folded felt. For very young children cut out the hearts for them.
2. Fold one red felt piece in half lengthwise for house. Glue around all three sides. Add roof pieces down 1” from top. Glue in place leaving chimney side open.
3. Glue a white heart to center red heart and glue to front of door. Stack three red buttons and glue together for door knob. Glue the one long side of door opposite door knob.
4. Open door back and cut slit through front piece of red felt only.
5. Twirl chenille stem around 4 pencils or crayons held together. Center one end between chimney pieces. Glue together. Insert chimney into open side of roof. Glue side shut. Glue button centers to two white hearts and glue hearts to chenille stem as shown.
6. Glue red trim strip to roof and buttons.
7. Cut chenille stems into four 2” pieces for the letter K, two 3” pieces for the letters N and C, one 5” piece for the heart. Twist 2” pieces together to make the letter K, shape the N, Heart and C as shown. Glue to front of house above door.
Now for the really fun part. Cut pieces of paper to fit in door slit. Write Knock and Who’s there? at the top of piece to stick out of slit. Write the rest of the joke to be hidden on bottom of piece of paper. Here are some Valentine jokes to use. This would be a fun craft for a Valentine party. Happy Valentine’s! Debra
Olive you !
Justin time ! Here’s your valentine !
Arthur any chocolates left for me?
Oscar if she likes me.
Cantalope with you tonight.