Back to school means early mornings, lunches to pack and then the scramble out the door to the bus. With seven grandchildren and two just starting preschool, kindergarden, cute little lunch bags are required. Design team member Laura Kelly’s www.laurakelly.com new Pet Shop Collection of dies with Sizzix/Ellison, www.sizzix.com can’t get any cuter than that!
You will need:
- 9″ x 12″ Craft cuts of Kunin Embossedfelt™ , 2 Alligator Cocoa Brown
- 9″ x 12″ Craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™, 1 Orange, 1 Walnut, 1 Cashmere Tan
- Laura Kelly Buttons with Buttons Galore www.buttonsgaloreandmore.com
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Fabric Fusion www.ilovetocreate.com
- Puppy Diecut from Laura Kelly Pet Shop Colection for Sizzix
- Circle Diecut or circle templates, 2″, 2 1/4″, 2 1/2″.
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Orange, brown embroidery floss
- Velcro dot
- Scissors, pencil, pins, needle, ruler
1. Overlap two pieces of brown felt by 2″, glue. Fold right sides out with back piece extending 3″ beyond front piece. Align sides and straight stitch with orange floss.
2. Die cut puppy from tan, bone from brown and cut three orange circles. Glue two circles together and straight stitch in brown around edges. Repeat for second circle, sew brown button in center of the second circle.
3. Glue dog to front of bag. Glue three buttons to dog’s neck for collar. Glue bone to center of two circles. Glue top half of second circle to center of bag flap.
4. Open bag up and sew bone circles to corner with a 3″ length of floss. Add Velcro dot to bottom half of inside of center circle. Press to main bag to mark and adhere opposite side of dot.
Super cute and fun indeed! Happy crafting and sewing!