Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the entire year! I love the images and the colors, so inspiring and FUN! Kunin Felt has such a wide variety of colors and styles that the possibilities are endless, so you can create your own unique combination and design! I am not a sewer, but I wanted to look of a sewn bag for this project, so I got out my Beacon Felt Glue and got to work! Halloween is also one more excuse to eat chocolate, what’s not to LOVE!
• 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™ Orchid (2), Neon Green (2), Orange (3) and Black (3)
• Tulip® Dimensional Fabric Paints by I Love To Create White, Black, Orange, Purple and Lime.
• Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
• Ruler, pencil/marker, scissors, pinking shears, buttons, ribbons, assorted letter stickers and several spring style clothes pins.
• Patterns – Print at 100% for tracing and cutting
1.) For black and green bag measure and cut the following shapes with pinking shears – Black Felt front and back (2) 9″ by 9″; Neon Green Felt sides and bottom (2) 9″ by 4″. With straight scissors cut Orchid Felt straps (2) 12″ by 1″, pumpkin from Orange Felt and bat from Orchid Felt.
2.) Attach sides and bottom with Beacon Felt Glue, on 4″ lengths to create one long piece, secure with clothes pins, until dry. Repeat with front, with back and straps. Attach pumpkin and bat, let dry.
3.) Draw orange cross stitch style stitches around outer edge of bag with Orange Tulip dimensional fabric paint. Draw pumpkin face with Black fabric paint and blanket stitches with Purple fabric paint. Attach black button eyes and embellish with Lime and Purple fabric paints. Attach ribbon trim, orange buttons at straps and letter stickers to spell SPOOKY. Let dry completely.
4.) Repeat steps on reverse side of bag, using the photo as a guide.
5.) Repeat steps 1 through 4 for second bag OR use your imagination and create a personalized Trick or Treat bag that matches your personal style with your name!
Thanks for stopping by! – Beth Watson