Felt Celebration Crowns
Now that Halloween is almost over, it’s time to turn our attention to making holiday gifts. I know that I, for one, am trying to get a jump start on my holiday crafting so I don’t make myself crazy later in the season. This super cute set of Felt Celebrations Crowns is a perfect gift for your favorite little girl and her doll.
- Felt Celebration Crown Pattern (PDF Crown Pattern)
- Eco-fi Plus™ Premium Felt in colors of your choice for flowers & Crown
- Flower shapes. You can hand cut your flowers or use a die. I used Sizzix’s dies and a Big Shot Machine™
- Using the PDF pattern, cut 2 of each size for each crown. Crown Pattern
- Arrange felt flower shapes onto the front piece of the crown and pin in place.
- Using various embroidery stitches, stitch the flowers in place.
- Cut your ribbon. It’s best to measure the head of the child/doll and cut the ribbon based on the size of the head + 20”.
- Lay the bottom crown shape on your work table.
- Lay the ribbon along the base, making sure it is centered and that 10” of ribbon hang beyond the sides of the crown.
- Carefully lay the top of the crown on top of the ribbon and crown bottom, with the flowers facing up. Pin in place.
- Stitch a running stitch around the edges of the crown. Make sure you are stitching into the ribbon along the base of the crown.
Laura Bray Designs