I live in a 180 year old house with a big front porch. I love decorating it year round. This year for Halloween between the roll of black and white chevron ribbon I picked up and Kunin’s chevron felt I decided the black and white pattern would be perfect with the orange pumpkins.
One of the easiest ways to change up pillows on the porch is to just cover the existing pillows with a quick no sew technique. Felt works well as it is weatherproof.
You will need:
- 1 yard Kunin Fancifelt™ Black Flock Chevron (will cover 2-3 pillows)
- 9” x 12” Kunin Classicfelt™ Black, 1
- Aleene’s® Turbo Tacky Glue® www.ilovetocreate.com
- Aleene’s® Quick Dry Fabric Fusion®
- 4” by 6” orange canvas pieces
- ½” Black buttons, 4 per pillow
- Black craft paint
- Letter stencils, 2”, 4”
- cutting mat, rotary cutter, scissors, paper, pencil, pins, stencil brush
- For smaller pillows use 2” letters to stencil BOO on a canvas piece. For larger pillows stencil a 4” letter on each piece of canvas. Set aside to dry.
- Measure pillows. Cut a piece of felt twice the width plus 4” and 2” longer. For example, a 10” by 14” pillow cut a piece of felt 14” by 16”.
- Wrap felt around pillow overlapping in back. Glue overlap. Turn right side up. Glue ends with a thin line of glue along edge. Clamp with clothespins if needed. (To remove pillow later, just pull open the back glued overlap.)
- Glue BOO canvas piece to center of pillow. Glue black buttons in corners.
Tomorrow catch my “bat mobile” on the Smoothfoam blog (http://www.smoothfoam.com/blog) with downloadable bat pattern to use for a pillow appliqué.
From my home to yours Happy Halloween!