New Year Place Setting
New Year’s Eve is almost here. Want to set a festive table in only a few minutes, try these easy peasy no sew placemats. Laura Bray shared her fast and elegant placemats last week, here is another option for a festive New Year’s Day place setting!
You will need:
- 2/3yards of cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Plus™, Black (this will make four placemats)
- 9” x 12” craftcuts Kunin Classicfelt™, 2 Yellow
- Star Diecut by Sizzix (www.sizzix.com)
- Fabri-tac Glue by Beacon (www.beaconadhesives.com)
- Adhesive gems
- 1 yard of black cord
- 3” Number stencils
- White acrylic paint
- Big Shot, scissors, ruler, pins, pencil, paper, chalk, rotary cutter, cutting mat, embroidery needle, stencil brush, tape, paper towel
- Cut four 18” x 12” pieces from black felt. Cut four 2 ½” by 9” pieces from black for napkin rings. Cut four 2” by 9” pieces from yellow for napkin rings.
- Die cut a set of stars for each placemat from yellow. Die cut four black stars from felt for napkin rings.
- Stencil 2015 along center top of placemat. TIP: Use chalk to outline numbers first before stenciling.
- Glue three stars to each placemat. Affix gem to center of each star.
- For each napkin ring center and glue yellow strip to top of black strip. Notch one end. Glue cord down center of strip. Trim and repeat for the remaining three strips.
- Roll strip and glue notched end over top straight end. Glue star to end and add gem.
Super quick and easy! A fun project with the whole family, help them make their own special placemat by stenciling their names on the placemat as well.
Happy crafting and Happy New Year! Thank you for stopping by, it is much appreciated!