Glitterfelt Butterfly Hairclip
This month we are posting are make and take projects from the CHA show that was just held in Anaheim, California. A make and take is a normally a quick and easy project that the consumer can do at the manufacturers booth which demonstrates the use of the product. In this case I was highlighting how easy it is to die cut the Kunin Eco-fi Glitterfelt with my big shot by Sizzix. Almost all of the Sizzix dies are great for cutting Kunin felt. I was able to cut 2, 3 and 4 layers of felt at the same time! So, think outside the box and create easy embellishments with Kunin Felt and your dies – the possibilities are endless!
- Kunin Eco-Fi felt 9″ x 12″ sheet Glitterfelt in black, orange and yellow (or you can select color combinations of your choice)
- Eileen Hull Designs butterfly Bigz die for Sizzix
- Big Shot die cutting machine by Sizzix
- Beacon felt glue
- Rhinestones in topaz (or colors of your choice)
- Hairclip or pin back
- Rough cut black Glitterfelt and sandwich with die between cutting plates with glitter side up. Run through big shot. Remove butterfly pieces and discard excess. Repeat with a second piece of black Glitterfelt with glitter side down. (This will allow you to cut a left and a right wing. Repeat with orange and yellow Glitterfelt.
- Layer and attach using felt glue, starting with solid black butterfly on bottom, then solid orange butterfly, then black cut out wings, then black butterfly body.
- Fussy cut yellow flowers from cut out wing shape and layer on black wing.
- Attach a topaz rhinestone to the center of each flower. Attach hair clip to back of butterfly.
- Let glue dry completely.
Note: to prevent hair from catching, line inside of hair clip with another layer of felt, securing with felt glue.