Valentine’s Day is such a fun holiday full of love and candy – two of my favorite things! I LOVE crafting with the kids, so this year for Valentine’s Day we have created these quick and easy Felt Fortune Cookies for their classmates – full of funny fortunes and chocolate kisses! What’s not to love?!?!
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Rainbow Classicfelt™ in Candy Pink (2), Baby Pink (2) and Fuchsia (2)
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin™ Eco-Fi™ Glitterfelt™ in Red (2)
- Scissors, chalk pencils (light colored for darker felt and dark colored for lighter felt); 4” and 3” circle templates; glue gun and glue sticks; Hot Glue Gun Helpers fingertip protectors by Plaid; 24 gauge wire; wire cutters; ribbon in colors to match your felt; paper fortunes; small wrapped candy and a Chinese take out box.
NOTE: If making these with kids younger than 8 years old, I recommend using chenille stems rather than wire.
1. cut a 4 1/2-inch-diameter circle from a piece of felt. Cut a piece of matching ribbon slightly shorter than 4 1/2 inches. Using wire cutters, cut a piece of wire slightly shorter than the length of ribbon.
2. Using glue gun affix the wire to the middle of the felt circle. Glue ribbon on top, covering the wire.
3. Place fortune in center of cookies along the ribbon line. Fold the felt circle in half, using the wire as a guide, so ribbon is inside cookie. Next, angle the sides toward each other, bending the wire at its halfway point and forming a fortune-cookie shape, as shown.
4. Assemble the fortune cookies. Carefully peel back one flap of the felt cookie, and insert a paper fortune and a few candies. Fold the flap back over to close cookie around contents.
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth