Spring has finally arrived and what fun to plan a spring wedding. Tulips are my favourite spring flower, the bright yellow of the tulips match perfectly the yellow felt. Felt, being such a versatile product it can be dressed up or down for any decor or special event.
This week I have paired up the felt with some fun trims from Decorative Trimmings (www.decorativetrimmings.com). The giant rickrack gives a scalloped edge finish to the felt. Decorative Trimmings provided trims to a group of creative professional designers, the Designer Crafts Connection with a wedding theme challenge.
For a wedding with many tables to decorate this is an easy and fast way to dress them up. Finished off with tulips in a mason jar and chalkboard number.
You will need:
- Per table
- 2-9” x 12” Craft cuts Kunin Prestofelt Yellow
- 1-9” x 12” Craft cut Kunin Printzfelt Saralma
- 1-12”x 18” Craft cut Premium Eco-fi Plus Felt White
- 6 yds Jumbo Yellow Ric Rac by Decorative Trimmings
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Fabric Fusion
- Westcott Brand 8”Scissors, ruler, pencil
- Measure and cut each of the 9” x 12” craft cuts into a 9” square.
- Glue ric rac around each side folding over at each corner. Snip off overlap at final corner. Repeat for all three pieces.
- Glue ric rac along both sides and across ends of white felt.
- Center Saralma square on white felt table runner on the diagonal. Glue down.
- Peel off backing from Presto felt pieces and place on either side of Saralma square.
As simple as that! Now add some embellishments. I glued ric rac around the top of the mason jar too.
Till next time, thank you for stopping by! Happy Spring! Check out more from the DCC hop at www.debraquartermain.com/ceoblog.