My sweet little granddaughter just turned five. Her birthday party theme was inspired by her favorite movie. She had the dress but wanted the cape. Every Queen needs a cape so with some white felt, glitter snowflakes and “snowball” (pom pom) trim, the royal cape was quickly created.
Here is what you need:
- 2/3 yd Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt, white
- 3 yds Pom Pom trim, white www.decorativetrimmings.com
- 2” glitter snowflakes, 12
- 1” button, white
- 2” narrow elastic
- Aleene’s Quick Dry Fabric Fusion Adhesive www.ilovetocreate.com
- Scissors, measuring tape, pencil, 3” circle template, needle and white thread
- Refer to pattern. Fold felt piece and draw pattern shape. Use 3” circle template to cut out neck hole.
- Cut through top neck piece to create two strap ends. Cut two small 1” squares of felt from scrap leftovers. On one side of neck strap end make a loop from elastic, sandwich between square piece and neck piece. Sew or glue in place. Repeat on other side with second square piece and sew button through both layers.
- Beginning at neck glue pom pom trim completely around cape.
- Glue snowflakes randomly to outside of cape.
Her other request was a Pin the Nose on a certain Snowman so I happily created that too, putting a pocket on the bottom to hold the noses. The party was a huge success and the birthday girl or Queen got her wish. Even though it was almost the end of May it snowed on her birthday!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart (please inquire as to what is available in your area).