Father’s Day is coming up; many Dads commute to work, travel for business and wear suits. Every Dad has at least one suit or coat needing a garment bag. How about making Dad this quick and easy garment bag? This is a beginner sewing project or can be completed using fabric glue. Included is a printable for the tie and collar, use them on other projects for Dad’s Day!
Here is what you need:
1. Use a plastic garment bag as a template. Fold Royal Blue felt piece in half. Clip the garment bag to the top of the felt piece lining up the outside edges to the garment bag. Use chalk to draw around bag. Cut out through both layers.
2. Print out tie, collar pattern. Cut out from white and paisley craft cuts.
3. Refer to Photo 4 and place tie, collar pieces in place. Topstitch or glue in place.
4. Clip the two felt bag pieces wrong sides together. Begin sewing (gluing) at white collar inside edge along entire side. Repeat for remaining side leaving opening between collar pieces and bottom.
5. Place blue buttons at collar corners and glue. Sew or glue three white buttons to opposite sides of bag.
Use the plastic garment to make a 14” long pattern for shoulder covers for Dad’s closet. Decorate with a bow tie instead of tie. Reduce the printable tie and collar pattern to make Dad a card.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is
available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!