Father’s Day is almost here so I am sharing a quick gift to make for Dad for his laptop. It has a fun touch of the mustache appliqué. This again is a project that is low sew or no sew. I used the Eco-fi Plus™. I love the fact that it is an 8-ounce premium felt and uses natural silver and copper cleansing ions to resist mold, mildew, and odor. Plus it is like all of Kunin products made from recycled plastic bottles.
You will need:
- 1/2 yd, cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Plus™, Black
- 9” x 12” craft cut Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, 1 White
- 3 White Buttons
- Fabri-tac™ by Beacon Adhesives (www.beaconadhesives.com)
- Velcro circle closure
- Scissors, ruler, pins, pencil, rotary cutter, cutting mat, sewing machine, black thread
DQ Mustache Pattern
1. Cut an 18” by 36” piece for case. Place ruler at one corner of 12” end of felt piece.
2. Fold one end of felt over 12” matching side seams. Top stitch or glue on both sides to create pocket.
3. Fold opposite end over 6”. Stitch or glue all three sides.
4. Use printable to print out mustache pattern. Glue front of case.
5. Add buttons as shown. Fold case along dotted lines as shown in Photo 2. Add Velcro closure at center of upper flap edge and upper pocket edge.
Thirty minutes to make Dad a great gift. To make it for his ipad just cut a smaller size 12” by 27”, follow the same directions. How easy is that!