Father’s Day is only a few days away! Here is a very quick and easy gift for Dad, a tie wall hanging. Using the same tie printable from last week’s garment bag, just print out at 75 %.
Here is what you need:
- 12” x 16” Artist Canvas
- 1/2 yd Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt, White
- 9” x 12” craft cut Eco-fi Prestofelt™, Red, Black, Royal Blue
- 2 yds of ¼” Polka Dot Blue Ribbon www.offray.com
- 10-1/4” Buttons, White
- Monogram letter by JOY
- Fabri-tac Adhesive www.beaconadhesives.com
- Scissors, paper, pencil, ruler
- Printable tie pattern link
- Cut a 16” by 20” piece of white felt. Center canvas front side down on white felt piece. Glue each of the four sides alternating sides and pulling felt tight.
- Squeeze a little extra glue into the corners between the felt. Press sides together. Trim off excess for a neat corner finish.
- Print out tie, collar pattern at 75%. Draw pattern on paper backing side of Prestofelt. One of each a red, blue and black tie. Cut a narrow 12” strip from the Royal Blue.
- Cut four 4” pieces of ribbon and alternate with narrow strip of blue felt to make a diagonal stripe pattern on red tie. Glue buttons on black tie and add a monogram to blue tie.
- Glue ribbon across bottom and top of canvas.
- Space ties out evenly as shown. Peel of backing and adhere to canvas by pressing firmly into place.
You will have enough felt to create three of these quick and easy wall hangings. How about granddad or a special uncle?
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!