With Halloween coming up and back to school here, we’re already thinking about holiday parties here in the Priest household. Today I am sharing a fun way to use your felt scraps and empty tissue rolls to create fun holiday projects the kids can help with.
I created a set of “characters’ inspired by some of our favorite movie and cartoon characters. These “tubes” can be used as place card holders, party favors filled with candies or goodies, or as table top décor for a party. This project is great for Halloween parties or kids birthdays because each tube can be customized to any theme or to specific attendees. You’ll need some basic supplies to make these fun favors:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Eco-fi Rainbow Classicfelt™ in several colors
- Fabric Glue
- Empty Toilet Paper Tubes
- Puffy Fabric Paint or Fabric Marker
Here’s how to make them:
- Wrap empty toilet paper rolls with Kunin Rainbow Eco-Fi Felt. Apply fabric glue to the felt to hold it in place.
- Cut eyes, noses, and mouths from felt pieces and glue to each tube.
- Add more details with a fabric marker or puffy paint and allow to dry.
To make these tubes into place card holders, cut a 1” slit on each side of the tube and slide a piece of cardstock into the slots. Print the names out on the computer or handwrite them for a fun table topper!
I hope you enjoyed these silly paper tubes! The kids will have hours of fun decorating them like their favorite characters. Check out our Pinterest Halloween Board for more spooky projects!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.