The “Boho” trend is still going strong and tassels are everywhere! Tassels are great way to dress-up a key chain, a purse, drapes, and the list just goes on and on! Here’s how to make them from felt.
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™*
- Fabric glue
- Ribbon (Optional)
- Cut a strip of felt to the size you want your tassel to be. I wanted a tassel that measured 2” long (to use for a key bob), so I cut a strip of felt 2” wide, by 6“ long. Measure ¾” along the long edge of your felt and make with a pencil.
- Cut skinny strips along the opposite edge of the felt, up to the ¾” mark you made. This will give you strips that measure 1 ¼” long.
- Take the last strip and pull it up and over the ¾” edge, forming a loop.
- Run glue along the edge and tightly roll the tassel up.
- If you want, you can glue a ribbon along the top edge of the tassel.
Add tassels to pillows, bags or fashion into a necklace. Check out our Tassels Pinterest Board for inspiration. https://www.pinterest.com/kuningroupgeorg/tassels-diy-decor-more/
*You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by!