ShaggiChic Baby Panda Rug
Precious wee ones need cuddles and cozy softness. ShaggiChic becomes softer and softer when it is washed. With two new baby girls in the family I wanted to make a panda bear rug to let them stretch out on when visiting. I used the black and white for a panda, for a teddy bear use the walnut.
Here is what you need for the Panda Bear Rug:
- 1 yard of cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi ShaggiChic™, Black
- 1/4 yard of cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi ShaggiChic™, White
- 6” square of print fabric
- 2 yards of white floss
- Fabri-tac Adhesive www.beaconadhesives.com
- Scissors, paper, chalk, Sharpie fine point marker, ruler, embroidery needle. Circle templates.
- From black cut two 4” circles for ears, one 2” circle for nose, two 2.5” circles for eyes. Fold black in half lengthwise wrong side out. Refer to photo diagram and use chalk to draw out body. Cut out two. Cut two 9” circles from white for head. Cut a 6” by 15” middle body piece from white.
- Trim eye circles to be slightly curved. Stitch a closed eye in center of each circle. Refer to photo and glue in place. Glue nose to bottom of face.
- Fold ears in half wrong sides together. Glue. Curve and glue to top of head. Glue back head piece to front.
- Cut 1” off of end of fabric square. Fold in half right sides together, glue around side and ends leaving 1” opening in center. Clip corners, turn. Use 1” piece to wrap around center of bow. Cut excess and glue. Glue bow to ear.
- Use floss to sew three straight stitches at end of each paw. Glue two body pieces wrong sides together. Glue head in place.
- Place white body piece on body bottom. Trim to fit. Cut slightly wavy. Glue in place.
It is September already that means Halloween is just around the corner! Check out our Pinterest board for some crafty costumes! I will be creating some fun ShaggiChic costumes for the little ones!
*You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt andShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!