Photo Credit-Tree and Vine Etsy Shop
Ellen Okolita lives in Maine, near the home of the Kunin Group. She uses our Eco-fi brand felt in creating these wonderful wings and masks for children in her Etsy shop Tree and Vine: http://www.TreeandVine.Etsy.com. With a new year of school beginning for many little ones, “spreading your wings” seems appropriate. Halloween is around the corner too so we will be sharing where to shop and how to make all kinds of costume ideas. These wings and masks would make a perfect costume for a trick or treater and year round for dressup.
Check out our Pinterest board for more crafty costumes!
If you are planning to create your costumes we will be sharing all kinds of costume ideas. Here are a few general tips to making your costume creating with our Eco-fi brand felt easier.
- Wash all felt before sewing or gluing. Most of our products become softer after washing. If using a fabric glue, washing the felt will make the glue adhere easier.
- When fastening pieces together use Clover Wonder Clips, they hold the felt securely and also are made in some very fun colors!
- For darker colors use chalk to draw pattern on wrong side of felt.
- For smaller pieces to add to costume, the felt die cuts easily.
- Let all glued pieces dry thoroughly before turning pieces.
*You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt andShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!