Halloween is definitely my most favorite holiday of the year! The pumpkins, bats, ghosts and witches just spark my inspiration and I can’t stop creating! I recently discovered a new way to cut my patterns out of felt that is quicker and easier than pinning or tracing – game changer when it comes to crafting with Kunin® Felt!
Here’s what you will need:
Here’s how to make it:
1. Iron the shiny side of an 18” by 24” piece of Freezer Paper onto White Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ Cut-by-the-Yard. Draw a ghost shape with pencil on the dull side of the Freezer Paper and outline with marker. Cut out with scissors. Repeat to create a second ghost.
2. Measure and cut a 15” by 35” rectangle from Black Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ Cut by the Yard. Attach to the back of each ghost with Beacon Felt Glue, let dry.
TIP: I use the USA General’s Scribe All Pencils in White on dark colored felt and in Black on light colored felt for marking straight lines prior to cutting.
3. Measure and cut six strips from Orange Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ 1” wide by 12” long. Hand cut scallops, so they are random and uneven. Attach to each side of Black Felt with Beacon Felt Glue, let dry. Outline scallops with Tulip Fabric Writer in Orange, let dry.
4. Iron the shiny side of a 6” by 6” piece of freezer paper onto Black Eco-fi® Glitterfelt™. Draw four 2” ovals for ghost eyes and two 3” ovals for ghost mouths on the dull side of the freezer paper with pencil and outline in marker. Cut out with scissors. Attach two eyes and one mouth to each ghost with Beacon Felt Glue, let dry. Outline with Tulip Fabric Writer in Glitter Black, let dry.
5. Iron the shiny side of an 8” by 4” piece of freezer paper onto Neon Green Eco-fi® Classicfelt™. Draw a bow tie for your ghost on the dull side of the freezer paper with pencil and outline in marker. Cut out with scissors. Repeat to create a second bow tie. Attach bow ties to ghost with Beacon Felt Glue, let dry. Outline bow ties with Tulip Fabric Writer in Lectric Green, let dry.
The Ghost Table Runner is so quick and easy to make that you can create one for yourself and one for a friend. Accent with fun Halloween accessories and enjoy!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth