Who is more creative than teachers, no one! This week we are excited to be part of a Teachers blog hop organized by our design team member, the talented Laura Kelly Walters. Ten teachers taking our Eco-fi brand products and crafting some amazing projects. Plus there is a great giveaway! Welcome to #Classroomswithfelt!
I am sharing one of the projects designed by teacher John Lavelle. He was inspired by the many fairy house crafts out there these days. He tried designing his own fairy cottage and it came out magically charming!
What you will need:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™ in various colors
- Hot glue or fabric glue
- Toilet paper tube
- Cone drinking cup
- Pencil/white colored pencil
- Fabric scissors
- Cardstock for templates
- Cut a piece of felt at about 4.25” x 6″ to cover the toilet paper tube. Draw windows and a door onto the felt and cut them out.
- Wrap the felt around the tube and trace the windows onto the tube. Cut the circular windows from the tube.
- Cut out some embellishments; window frames and small circles cut into spirals for the roses, doorframe, door knob and a bit of grass to go along the bottom edge of the house.
- The roof is one large upside down flower, create two petal templates, one big and one smaller, trace them onto felt and cut out 6 of each. Hot glued them to the cone cup and add a little stem with leaves to top it off.
- Glue on the flower roof along with all of the other details.
- Add a battery powered t-light inside to make it glow and you would think Tinker Bell was hanging out in there!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fi Plus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by! Check out our Face book page for all the details. www.facebook.com/Kunin-Felt-Products