I love the Wizard of Oz and have been obsessed with Witches since I was a kid, so creating this Witch Legs Kitchen Towel was a lot of FUN! Mix and match colors to create Witch’s Legs that suit your personal Halloween style. This no-sew project goes together quickly, too!
- • 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi® Rainbow Classicfelt™ in Neon Green (1), Purple (1) and Gold (1) http://kuningroup.com/fabrics-collections/rainbow-classicfelt/
- • 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi® Glitterfelt™ in Black (1) http://kuningroup.com/fabrics-collections/glitterfelt/
- • 12” x 18” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi® Friendlyfelt™ in Orange (1) http://kuningroup.com/fabrics-collections/friendlyfelt/
- Beacon Felt Glue http://www.beaconadhesives.com/cgfelt.html
- • Black Kitchen Terry Cloth Towel, USA * General’s Scribe-All * All Surface Pencil in white and black, Jumbo Rick Rack in Bright Green 24” length, Plain Paper, Pencil, Ruler, straight Scissors, Pinking Shears and purple gingham ribbon – two lengths 12” each.
1.) Cut Purple Rainbow Classicfelt™ in half with pinking shears to create two rectangles 12” by 4 ½”. Glue to towel 1” up from bottom, making tucks as you go to create a ruffled effect. Set something heavy (like a book) on the glued edge until dry. Attach bright green rick rack overtop of felt edge with glue. TIP: the Beacon Felt Glue will show through the felt white when wet, but will dry clear.
2.) Cut Orange Friendlyfelt™ in two 12” by 2” rectangles. Cut Neon Green Rainbow Classicfelt™ in two 12” by 2” rectangles. Cut 1” stripes from Neon Green Rainbow Classicfelt™ with pinking shears. Attach in 1” increments to Orange Legs with Beacon Felt Glue.
3.) Download and print shoe and buckle pattern. Cut two shoes from black Glitterfelt™ making sure to flip over your pattern, so each shoe front points in the opposite direction. Cut two buckles from Gold Rainbow Classicfelt™. Attach buckles to shoes with glue. Tie purple gingham ribbon in two bows and attach to each buckle.
4.) Attach legs to backside of towel with glue, let dry.
Fold towel in thirds and hang from your oven or stove!
For more Halloween inspiration check out our Pinterest board!
https://www.pinterest.com/kuningroupgeorg/diy-felt-halloween-party-costumes/ and of course we will be sharing lots of Hallowe’en goodies on the blog every Tuesday and Thursday!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth