We are into January and right around the corner is Valentine’s Day. Thinking pink, pink and more pink!
I wanted to create some fun place card holders for the grandlittle girls. These would also be sweet for a birthday party. These cupcake treats are very easy and just involve fringing some felt strips.
To create a cupcake, you will need:
- 18” x 22” craft cut Kunin Eco-FiPlus™ Premiumfelt™, 1 Candy Pink
- 9’ x 12” craft cut Kunin Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™, 1 Baby Pink
- Pink cupcake holder
- 2-6” small chalkboards on stand
- 1/8 yard of pink tulle
- 8” ribbon
- Bunny Die and Big Shot by Sizzix www.sizzix.com
- Pencil, ruler, sharp scissors, felt glue, needle and thread
1. Cut two 2 1/2” x 12” strips and one 3” x 12 “from baby pink felt. Cut one 3” x 22” strip from candy pink felt.
2. Fold strips in half lengthwise. Glue along open edges to close. Fringe from folded edge into glue line along all strips.
3. Cut a 4” circle from candy pink and die cut two bunnies from candy pink.
4. Cut out 2” center of felt circle. Begin by gluing baby pink strip around inner edge of circle. Keep winding and gluing to end of strip.
5. Cut candy pink strip in half. Begin adding candy pink strip, winding and gluing to end. Switch to baby pink and back to candy pink.
6. Insert a second cupcake holder upside down into an upright cupcake holder. Glue
7. Insert end of chalkboard stand into hole in cupcake center. Place on top of cupcake holders. Glue in place.
8. For bunny holder. Glue bunnies together leaving lower edge open. Insert over top of second chalkboard. Glue bottom shut along chalkboard.
9. Cut four strips of 3” x 22” tulle, layer and gather. Place around bunny and glue in place. Add ribbon on top. Glue.
I plan on making one for all of the grandlittle girls, they love a tea party and treats!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by! Next week I have a special blog post coming up! Stay tuned!