I am very lucky to have ten grandchildren or grandlittles as I like to refer to them. This weekend one of the littles was over for a visit. She loves to craft and decorate so we decided to make a heart garland for her room and our family room.
With our selection of so many felt colors and patterns to choose from that was the first big decision. We used a mix of Classicfelt™, Glitter Felt and Fancifelt™. Then it was onto die cutting many hearts. This little is a pro with my Big Shot. She cut out all the hearts using Design Team member Laura Kelly’s heart die
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi Fancifelt™, Red Midnight Swirl, Shocking Pink Princess Heart, White Damask, White Chevron
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™, Lilac, White
9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Glitterfelt™, Fuchsia
- 3-4 yards Ribbon
- Laura Kelly Heart Die and Big Shot by Sizzix
TIP: From each craft cut you can die cut two hearts.
1. Decide on your pattern and length of garland. Die cut hearts.
2. Time to decorate. I keep a big box of buttons for crafting with the littles. Every heart was decorated with an assortment of brightly colored buttons carefully glued in place.
3. The hearts were arranged and glued to a ribbon along the back. We spaced them about 2” apart.
4. Then it was on to assembling the family room garland.
5. Leave about 12” of ribbon on end before gluing hearts in place.
Hang and enjoy! With all the felt choices, a garland can be made to compliment every room. What will you choose?
Check out all of our DIY Felt Valentine Projects on our Pinterest Board.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope we have inspired you to create a Valentine garland for a room or rooms in your home!