Donuts are fun snacks to eat and fun to decorate with! Make this fun donut pillow using Kunin Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt. Bonus: It’s fat-free *wink wink*.
This project features Kunin Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt available by the yard. Make donut pillows as large as you want with versatile Kunin Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt from your favorite retailer.
- ½ yard of Kunin Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt in Brown
- ½ yard of Kunin Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt in Pink
- 9 x 12 Sheet of Kunin Eco-fi® Classicfelt™ in Blue, Purple, and Yellow
- Safety Pin
- Fabric Marker or Permanent Marker
- Sewing Machine
- Spool of Sewing Thread in Brown
- Hand sewing needle
- String, 15” long
- Fabric Glue
- Pins or Wonder Clips
- Batting or PolyFil
- Bowl 4.5” diameter
Watch this video to see how to make this project from start to finish:
- Tie one end of the twine around the marker. Tie a knot on the other end of the twine, about 10” from the marker.
- Attach a safety pin through the knot on the twine and to the center of the brown piece of felt. Keep the felt folded over.
- Draw a circle onto the felt by dragging the marker across the fabric with the twine taut.
- Remove the safety pin, thread, and marker.
- Cut out two circles by following the line. Cut through both pieces of fabric at once to save time, pinning the fabric together to minimize movement while cutting.
- Trace one circle onto the wrong side of the pink felt. Draw a circle INSIDE of this circle but with a curvy line, like icing, about 3” from the outside edge of the line. Cut out this curvy line circle.
- Trace a small bowl onto the wrong side of the brown felt, in the center of the previous circle. Cut out on each brown circle.
- Trace the cut out brown piece of felt onto the wrong side of the pink felt, in the center of the previous circle. Cut out this circle from the center of the pink icing circle.
- Place the brown circles with wrong sides together. Pin.
- 1Sew around the smaller circle in the middle of the circles. Turn.
- Sew around the larger circle on the outside of the circles, leaving a 9” opening on one side.
- Lay the “pink icing” on the front of the donut shape and glue in place with fabric glue.
- Cut at least fifteen 2” x 0.5” strips of felt from the blue, yellow, and purple felt sheets. Glue these onto the “icing” with fabric glue to form sprinkles.
- Stuff the pillow with batting.
- Hand stitch or machine sew the opening on the pillow closed with a needle and thread.
Display this pillow on your bed or even on your sofa as a conversation starter! I’m thinking about making an extra large one for cuddling up on while watching TV. Where would you put this donut pillow in your house?
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
See more projects like this on my blog at Just JP.