School is out and time for Summer and Bible Camps for the kids. These are easy and fun projects for the kids. These crafts are adaptable for both summer or Bible activities. Our felt is perfect for camp crafting as it is very sturdy and easy for kids to have success with. Their projects will also survive a week of summer fun and make it home with them to proudly show off!
This first project is the T-shirt or Cross tote. The kids need a bag to carry some of their projects or found treasures home in. Tie dye is always popular so I chose our tie dye felt for the cross and t-shirt.
1. From the tie dye felt cut two 1 ½” by 12” strips for handle. Cut a T shirt from template found online and cut one 1 ½” by 9” and one 1 ½” by 5” strip for cross.
2. Place two pieces of plain felt on top of each other. Glue around three sides leaving one end open to create bag. Glue T-shirt or cross to one side. Outline stitch with black marker.
3. Glue two strap pieces together to make one long handle. Glue each end to inside corner of bag.
You will need:
2. Glue one strip into a circle overlapping ends, insert a second strip in opposite green and glue. Repeat.
3. Glue wiggly eyes to first loop and glue red tongue below eyes. Clip a fork in end of tongue.
The Sun, Moon and Stars, Creation Day 4
This paper plate craft signifies the 4th day of Creation. I used a yellow paper plate for the Sun base and felt to make the moon and stars.
You will need:
1. Use the plate as a template to draw a 7” circle. Cut out three white stars from template found online.
2. Cut gray circle roughly in half in a moon shape. Align with plate edge and glue in place.
3. Glue stars along moon edge. Glue twine to top of plate.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Now it is time for summer camp, crafting in the outdoors, what could be better!