Love this time of year on the east coast. Warm summer weather and strawberry season! Luscious ripe sweet strawberries, fluffy biscuits and whipped cream, yum. It also means a few of those cute and soon empty strawberry boxes. I decided to make some felt strawberries and fill a box or two to have as a summery décor accent for our backyard playhouse picnic table.
You will need:
- 12” x 18” craft cut Kunin Eco-FiPlus™ Premiumfelt™, 2 Red
- 9” x 12” craft cut Kunin Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™, 1 Green
- Felt or Fabri-tac Glue by Beacon www.beaconadhesives.com
- Black or white fabric marker
- 4 oz polyester stuffing
- 1 skein White Embroidery floss
- Strawberry box
- Pencil, ruler, scissors, embroidery needle, 6” circle template.
1. Draw 6” circles on red felt. Draw line down center. Cut out circles and cut in half. Draw a rough 2” star shape for each strawberry top. I made six in total for one basket. Repeat for remaining circles.
2. With half circles flat use three strands of floss to make tiny stitches. Use a straight stitch or French knot, whatever you choose!
3. Fold a half circle aligning straight sides together. Glue.
4. Stitch along curved top edge of strawberry. Stuff and pull stitches tight. Glue on green star top pinching into shape on top of strawberry.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Enjoy Strawberry Season!