Succulents, mini gardens and terrariums, they are everywhere. Don’t have a green thumb, no problem as long as you have a crafty one! DIY some felt succulents in garden pots to freshen up your home decor.
You will need:
TIP: Create succulents in different sizes, group together and/or use a variety of containers like glass terrariums or rock filled trays.
1. Cut four sizes of oval shapes from olive measuring 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″ and 3″. Cut four to five of each size.
2. Take one 1″ piece and roll, glue for center of the succulent.
3. Add leaves to center overlapping. Continue with the smallest oval leaves adding the next size, continue until the leaves are all used.
4. For the second succulent cut the sandstone piece in half lengthwise. Draw, (using photo as guide) long thin leaves leaving a 1″ border at bottom.
5. Begin rolling the sandstone strip along the bottom, gluing as you go.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by, have any questions, please inquire in a comment or on our Facebook page. We will be sharing the Classroom series weekly.