Welcome back to the Kunin Felt Classroom and I am sharing another Woodland stuffie. This little fawn is easy enough for the kids to make as an after school activity with friends or as a family crafty hour. Plushfelt is very soft, it makes stuffies very cuddly and it also hides stray stitches too!
TIP: The fawn can be sewn by machine or hand stitched. It can also be completely glued by placing pieces wrong sides together and gluing between layers around edge.)
1. Print out pattern. Download here.
2. Cut out pattern pieces. Place pattern pieces on wrong side of plush. Draw around with marker. Cut out ears and tail. Do not cut out body.
TIP: Make sure plush nap brushes towards you when placing pattern pieces. It is easier to sew around body pieces when not cut out.
3. Sew around body, leaving opening between legs. Cut around body. Turn right side out.
4. Stuff body beginning by pushing fiber into head and legs first, finishing middle of body last.
5. Double thread and secure at eye mark. Take thread through head to opposite side. Pull stitches to indent eye area, repeat a couple of times. Add bead or button on needle on one side take needle back through head and add second bead. Repeat a couple of more times, secure thread.
6. Glue body opening shut. Clip till dry. Glue center of ears and tail, clip. When dry glue ears to head referring to photo and pattern as guides. Glue tail and nose in place. Cut small spots from white felt. Stick to body.
Hope you enjoy the second in our series of Woodland stuffies! Check out our Hedgie here. (http://kuningroup.com/2016/08/25/felt-hedgehog/)
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by.