This week the Kunin Felt Classroom is featuring DT member, licensed artist Laura Kelly. Laura has a passion for teaching which brought her to a licensed line of dies with Ellison Education.
I simply love the changing of the seasons. As the leaves change colors, the Rocky Mountains are filled with such beauty. After a drive in the foothills, I was inspired to create a wreath and this is what happened. It is a simple wreath to create and so decorative and festive too.
You will need:
- 9″ x 12″ craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt: 2 of each, Red, Gold, Green, Brown, Orange
- Foam wreath, STYROFOAM brand
- 2 yd of 6″ Burlap ribbon
- Leaf die by Laura Kelly for Ellison/Sizzix www.sizzix.com
- Big Shot, scissors, glue gun and sticks.
1. Cover your base with the burlap, using hot glue to hold it on. Next, wrap the wreath in twine. This makes it pretty when viewed from the sides.
2. To get these leaves, I used a die that I created for Ellison (aka Sizzix). I cut out four in each of five colors of felt.
3. Hot glue is the best way to get them to adhere to the base now decorated with burlap and twine.
4. Use your twine to tie some bows and add them to the wreath.
Making wreaths is a great craft project to do alone or in groups. This one would be perfect for kids if you substituted a fabric glue for the hot glue. The final masterpiece creates a beautiful piece of fall décor that can be used indoors our outdoors.
And if you add some stitches and buttons, look what you can create too!
Love the felt leaves with the rustic pallet. Ta da!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to my favorite season of all, fall!