DIY Jack-o-Lanterns: Kunin Felt Classroom 101
Fall and Halloween are two of my favorite times of the year because that means one thing – pumpkins! I’m always looking for a fun, creative fall craft to make with my students. These DIY jack-o’-lanterns are a perfect table centerpiece during the Halloween season, and they are something your students will definitely enjoy making!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™: Kelly Green
- 9″ x 12” craft cut Kunin Premiumfelt™: Black
- Wooden craft cubes
- Scissors, Adhesive, orange spray paint, green spray paint, green pipe cleaners
1. I purchased these wooden craft cubes from my local craft store. I used orange and green spray paint to paint each cube prior to completing this craft with my students.
2. My students used Elmer’s wood glue to adhere each cube together until they reached the desired shape for their pumpkins. This craft is so unique because it allows students to be creative and make their pumpkins a different shape and size.
3. Add a green wooden craft cube to the top of your pumpkin to resemble the stem of the pumpkin.
4. I assisted my students with cutting out the face of their jack-o’-lantern. I used 9″ x 12” craft cut Kunin Premiumfelt™ in Black. Adhere the eyes of your pumpkin using Elmer’s wood glue.
5. Adhere the mouth and any other facial features to your jack-o’-lantern.
6. Have your students twist green pipe cleaners around their fingers to resemble a vine-like appearance. Adhere each pipe cleaner using Elmer’s wood glue or by twisting the pipe cleaners together.
7. Using 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ of Kelly Green felt, cut out leaves to attach to your pumpkin.
This fall jack-o’-lantern craft is the perfect way to get your students excited about all the fall festivities!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.