By Laura Bray
As someone who has hosted quite a few Thanksgiving dinners, I understand all the work that goes into the day to make it special. So with that in mind, I thought I would create a special gift bag for all those hostesses out there. This sweet bag elevates a simple gift of wine or cider to new levels and will let your favorite hostess know how much you appreciate the work they did to put together a wonderful meal for you.
- Kunin Classicfelt™ in Smoke. (You can find Kunin Classicfelt™ in bolts at your local Walmart!)
- Scraps of Kunin Classicfelt™ in fall colors like reds, yellows.
- Joy Iron-On Letters
- Embroidery Floss/Supplies
- Fabric or paper wine gift bag to use as a template
1. Use an old wine bag as a template and cut the front, back, sides, and bottom of the gift bag from the Kunin Classicfelt™ in Smoke.
3. Arrange the leaves and the Joy letters onto the front piece of the bag. Once you are happy with it, iron-on the letters (be sure to use a low temp setting and a pressing cloth when ironing felt!) and then stitch the leaves around it.
4. Finally, stitch the front, sides, back and bottom of the bag together. I used a whip-stitch to hand stitch mine, but you can also use a sewing machine-just remember to allow for a seam allowance if you use a machine!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
I hope you will come and visit me on my blog soon! I have lots of fun ideas for Thanksgiving and the holidays. And they usually involve felt!