Love this time of year! The Kunin Classroom comes to my home for this week, our annual holiday party with the grandlittles, we didn’t have all ten but we had five of the cuties! Reindeer noses were worn and lots of laughter ensued as the noses popped off here and there. I am sharing highlights and tips of holiday partying and crafting with kids. Our group ranged in age from six to ten.
You will need:
1. Print out pattern. Cut out sweaters. Always have a couple of extra just in case. TIP: Cutting out the main piece in a craft like this guarantees success and enjoyment. An arm could be accidentally cut off for example. Have the sweaters cut out with a few extra for the kids before they start.
2. Give each child an assortment of trims and embellishments along with scissors and glue. TIP: Smaller bottles of glue are easier to use. Wearing a reindeer nose while offering a helping hand is mandatory. 🙂
3. Give the kids enough time and space to completely finish. Leave to dry. TIP: As the children finish have another activity for them so those who take longer aren’t rushed or bothered.
4. TIP: Once sweaters are finished put initial and date on back. Cut a chenille stem in half and shape into loop, glue at top of neck.
TIPS for CRAFTY PARTIES with KIDS:
1. Crafts: have supplies and materials all prepared ahead, set up a station for each child with scissors and glue along with the embellishments. I use a large tray to transport everything. Put down an inexpensive tablecloth to craft on.
2. Alternate activities. We had a candy cane scavenger hunt after lunch for them to burn off some energy before sitting down to craft.
3. Check all glued on embellishments after the kids are finished their ornament in case a little repair or extra glue is needed before they take their treasures home.
4. Use a small gift bag with their initial on it to transport treasures home safely.
5. Make it an annual tradition. Make sure to take lots of photos!
6. Be open to new directions in the project. One of the boys began crafting from the black scrap pieces of Prestofelt. Soon they were all wearing felt mustaches and beards.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.