We welcome back Chad Boender to the Kunin Classroom with this felt wreath the kids can make. What a special keepsake and a great project for over the holiday vacation. Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year!
Homemade holiday gifts are easy, fun, and engaging for children of all ages! Each year I am always browsing the web for a creative gift idea for my students to create for their parents. These DIY hand wreaths are the perfect gift to show someone how much you care, and they are something that parents will cherish forever. Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get started!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™: Kelly Green
- Medium pom poms
- Hot glue gun
- Poster board
- Fabric marker
- Ellison SureCut Die – Handprint, Child (Basic Beginnings) – Large (Item #21758-LG) (Optional)
2. Trace your child’s hand template on a piece of 9″ x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™ in Kelly Green using a fabric marker. Repeat this step until you have about 10-12 hands.
3. If you have a large number of students or if you want to make this project a lot easier for yourself, I recommend using Ellison’s SureCut Die – Handprint, Child (Basic Beginnings). Die cut each hand using 9″ x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™ in Kelly Green.
4. Arrange the felt hands in a circular shape until your wreath takes shape. Using a hot glue gun or any other type of adhesive, glue the hands together. Glue medium pom poms or other craft supplies to your wreath. Have your students decorate their wreath to their liking. This is a great way for students to be creative and make their wreath unique. Add a bow to the bottom of your wreath and a ribbon for hanging.
This holiday gift is a great project to complete with your kids over the holiday season.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.