Owls: Felt in the Classroom
I’m all about crafts that relate to a children’s book or poem. This owl felt craft is great for children of all ages! Be sure to grab the FREE Owl poem printable that goes along with this owl felt craft. Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get started!
You Will Need:
1. Using your Ellison SuperStar Machine, die cut a variety of colors of 9″ x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™ with your Sizzix Bigz Die – Owl #5 (Item # 660785) die.
2. Using any type of adhesive, overlap various colors of felt to your desired look. I provided my students with a variety of colors to choose from.
3. Adhere large googly eyes to the face of your owl. I love how these googly eyes make the owl come to life!
4. Adhere a beak to your owl.
5. Overlap brown and tan craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™ to make your branches look realistic.
6. Add detail to your owl by adding polka dots or other various shapes.
Isn’t this free Owl poem printable adorable? Your students will love coloring this free printable.
After your class finishes creating their owls, have them act out the poem in small groups of five. This craft and poem is a great way to incorporate hands-on fun into any reading lesson.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.