I am so excited to share a fun craft project for a bright and happy Floral Bib Necklace for Spring! My inspiration came from all of the beautiful floral tops and skirts I have seen advertised this season. I thought – I can make a floral necklace that will be a statement piece and also prepare one as a craft kit.
Let’s get started with the supplies for my Floral Bib Necklace:
- Kunin Classicfelt in Candy Pink
- Kunin Classicfelt in Yellow
- Kunin Classicfelt in Orange
- Kunin Classicfelt in Apple Green
- All of the flowers were diecut with Classicfelt (9” by 12”) using a Sizzix Big Shot and Cutting Pads.
- Sizzix die cuts by Eileen Hull:
- Flower Layers & Leaves (#557690)
- Flower Layers #9 (#657114)
- Placecard & Flowers (#657772)
- Flower Layers with Heart Petals (#658053)
- Cabochon Flowers (you can find at LatinaCrafter.com)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- A leather cord or ribbon
First, I cut out all of the flower and leaf pieces. The necklace has a total of 5 flowers, with 3 large flowers and 2 small flowers. The large flowers have 5 layers of felt, the small flowers have 3 layers of felt. I would recommend that you can use any flower dies and mix and match them. You can also choose to cut some flowers by free hand. My advice is that you just enjoy the process of creating.
For the leaves, I cut 21 leaf pieces. For the base of the necklace, I compared (and cut) the base from a bib necklace that is the perfect size for me. I cut 2 small holes at the top of the base to thread the leather cord through the base.
Once your base, flowers and leaf pieces are cut, you can now begin to glue the pieces to the base. Take your time and be patient with gluing your flower pieces down. You can add a beautiful cabochon flower to the top of each felt flower for additional embellishment. After you have glued all of the flowers to the base – it’s now time to head to brunch with your besties! Be prepared for them to ask you “How did you make that beautiful necklace?”
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Have a wonderful season of Spring – and Happy Crafting!
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour