Earth Day is officially over, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t still find ways to protect our planet! Today’s project is a triple-crown recycling project:
The greatest part? The whole project takes less than 30 minutes to create! Thirty minutes to help save the Earth? Yes Please!
1. Measure the height and circumference of your oatmeal container.
2. Cut felt to cover the outside and hot glue it onto the container. I covered mine with one full craft cut of Kunin Fancifelt™, and a few additional inches from a second sheet.
3. Cut a rectangle into the top of the plastic lid of the oatmeal container.
5. Cut out felt and hot glue it onto the plastic lid.
7. Put the lid on the container and pull the first bag partially out. Place the container on your counter and reuse the plastic bags to line your smaller trash cans.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Need a recipe to use up the last of your oatmeal? Get my Summer Oatmeal Recipe here.
Happy Crafting & Recycling!