Our collaboration with Eileen Hull’s Design Team continues and I get to share her House Pocket Stitchlit! I love mini houses of all kinds and with six grandlittle girls I decided to make a purse that they would enjoy playing with. This pocket and die set is very versatile. I have so many ideas to make with it! How about a cute card for Mother’s Day coming up.
You will need:
1. Die cut house pieces. Cut out extra flowers, hearts and windows. (The cutting pad is magnetized and the die pieces are held in exact position.
2. Die cut leaves from mint felt, die cut flower from peach felt.
3. Cut backs for windows from fabric scrap piece.
4. Place two house pieces together and stitch through holes. Stitch around door. Stitch French knots along both roof pieces. Assemble house pieces as shown and glue in place.
5. Cut 2 ½” off one end of a blue craft cut piece of felt. Cut a 1” x 9” piece from this small piece. Cut with pinking shears. Cut around all four sides of the lemon craft cut piece of felt with pinking shears.
6. Fold over top lemon piece 2 ½”. Stitch blue strip across center of the folded over top. Pin yellow piece to front of blue piece. Stitch in place as shown.
7. Glue flower to top of purse. Glue on hearts along top. Glue house pocket to front and add leaves as bushes.
8. Cut two 1” by 12” strips from the three colors of felt, lemon, blue and peach. Glue ends together to make three 24” strips. Braid pieces together and glue ends inside opposite sides of purse.
Hope you enjoyed this cute project and to see more inspiration check out our FB page https://www.facebook.com/kuninfeltproducts/ where we will be sharing all month inspiring projects from both teams featuring Kunin felt and Eileen Hull’s Heartfelt Sizzix collection! Check out Eileen’s page https://www.facebook.com/eileenhulldesigns/ and blog for daily inspiration!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by! Thursday, we will be sharing another great project, any of these will make a lovely gift for Mother’s Day.