Do you have an Apple iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil? If you do, do you like to take it places with you, just in case you decide that you want to draw or doodle? Do you feel like you are going to lose your Apple Pencil if you take it out of the house? I know I do. So, I thought I’d create this little Apple Pencil Holder using Kunin Felt and an elastic headband that I’ve never worn! The elastic headband is just snug enough to fit around my iPad Pro cover. If you need one of these holders, then here is how I made mine!
How I made it:
1. Using the Sizzix/Ellison Die Cut Machine, Cutting Pads and the Thinlets, I cut out flowers and leaves. I cut different sizes of the various pieces and then layered them.
2. Cut a 2” x 16.5” strip from the 12” x 18” Smoke craft cut.
3. Using the Apple Pencil as a reference I placed it in the center of the strip. I folded the strip, leaving about 2.5” for the flap.
4. Holding the folded strip in place, I folded down the flap and then gauged where I wanted my Velcro dots to go. Then I sewed them in place. Be sure to unfold the strip before sewing so that you don’t sew it together!
5. Refolding the strip so that the dots lined up, I decided where I was going to place my flowers. I definitely knew I wanted one to cover up the Velcro stitches on the top flap.
6. Using the sewing machine, I sewed the flowers in place on the Smoke strip, just doing a couple of stitches down the middle of each flower. Again, remember to unfold the strip so you don’t sew it together.
7. Once my flowers were in place, I refolded the strip, lining up the Velcro dots, leaving the 2.5” at the top. Then I sewed up each side of the folded strip to create a pocket.
8. Next, I took the elastic headband and cut it so that it was one long strip.
9. Then I cut two little slits on the backside of the holder and slid the elastic band through the holes.
10. Once it was threaded through the holes, I sewed the elastic band back together. Then I slid the sewn part of the elastic into the holder to hide the stitching.
Once it was all done, I could slide my holder around my iPad Pro and my Apple Pencil can go anywhere with me without getting lost.
I hope you liked this cute little Apple Pencil Holder made with Kunin Felt and Eileen Hull’s Stitchy and Flower and Leaf Thinlets Dies from Sizzix
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.