Hello Felt Crafters! It’s Laura Bray with a quick, summer craft for you. In my opinion, summer starts with Memorial Day and then goes into full swing with the Fourth of July, so I thought a patriotic embroidery hoop, using Eileen Hull’s Sizzix House Pocket die would be a perfect way to start off a crafty summer.
1. Using a die cut machine, cut the house shapes that come with Eileen’s dies out of red, white, and blue felt.
3. Place the house shape in the center of the embroidery hoop. I glued my shape down, but if you are inclined to sew, Eileen’s house die comes with pre-cut sewing hole guides in the main shape, which allows for easy & even stitching!
4. Glue (or stitch) the windows, doors, and other house embellishments onto the house shape.
5. When your little house is completed, add a small flag. I didn’t have one on hand, so I downloaded a clip art image of a flag, and then printed, cut it out, and glued it onto a toothpick.
6. Hang your little patriotic house up and celebrate those who have fought and protected our country.
Once I got started with Eileen Hull’s House die, I couldn’t stop! Come by my blog to see the cute Picnic Cutlery Pocket I made using the Kunin Felt and her die.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.