Shark week is right around the corner and this craft is a perfect fit for reviewing letters, letter sounds, or sequencing! Make this shark craft come to life using Laura Kelly’s shark die from Ellison Education and Kunin Felt Products. Let’s grab our supplies and let’s get crafting!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in Ocean Blue and Red
- White cardstock
- Googly Eyes
- Fiskar Scissors
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Shark #2 (Item #A11156)
- Sizzix Bigz XL Die – Lemonade Capital Alphabet (Item #A11109)
- Ellison Superstar Machine
1. Using an Ellison SuperStar Machine, die cut a Sizzix Bigz Die – Shark #2 (Item #A11156) in 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in the colors Ocean Blue and Red. I also die cut some white cardstock which will be used for the teeth of the shark!
2. Pick up some fun and crazy googly eyes from your local craft store to make these sea creatures come to life! I found these colorful googly eyes that I thought would be perfect for this shark craft. Adhere the eyes to your shark using any adhesive of your choice. Adhere the red felt pieces to the mouth of the shark.
3. Use your Fiskars scissors, cut around the mouth of your white cardstock shark die cut. This shark die makes it easy to cut around specific parts of your die cut with the detailed indentations made with each cut from your Ellison machine.
5. Using an Ellison SuperStar Machine, die cut letters from your Sizzix Bigz XL Die – Lemonade Capital Alphabet (Item #A11109) in 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in the color red. Adhere each letter to the body of your shark.
This craft is the perfect opportunity to review all 26 letters with your child while focusing on letters sounds and sequencing. Challenge your child to a fun game to see how fast they can put their letters in order from A to Z! Bring the fun outdoors by hiding all 26 letters sharks throughout the backyard. Challenge your child to a letter scavenger hunt around the backyard to see if they can capture all the sharks! Learning can be fun with Kunin Felt Products! Stay tuned for some more fun, educational crafts coming your way!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.