Watermelon Mini Banner
It’s that time of year – fun time with family and friends, barbeques, long summer days and time for crafting! I am making a simple Watermelon Mini Banner – you can make this craft in about an hour – and it would make a great party banner, gift for a party hostess or home décor for your mantel.
Here is my supplies list for my “Watermelon Mini Banner”:
- Kunin Classicfelt in Black (for “watermelon seeds”)
- Kunin Classicfelt in White (for “watermelon rind”)
- Kunin Classicfelt in Red (for “watermelon”)
- Kunin Classicfelt in Green Apple
- Felt was cut with the “Jar Lids” die from Sizzix by Where Women Cook
- Fast Grab Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Burlap twine
First you need to cut you felt pieces, here are the pieces you need:
- Cut 5 or more half circles, in each color of felt, with the “Jar Lids” die on your Sizzix die cutting machine, you can also cut these pieces by hand. TIP: You can use an actual mason jar lid to make your template. I cut the green on the larger lid and the red and white on the smaller lid.
- Cut the outer edge of the white circles out so you can make the “watermelon rind” in white.
- Hand cut your “watermelon seeds” using your black felt.
Adhere the felt pieces using Fast Grab Tacky Glue or hot glue, I recommend this order:
- Glue the red “watermelon” to the green
- Glue the white “watermelon rind” to the green
- Glue the black “watermelon seeds” to the red – have fun with this part! Think about it – no two real watermelon slices are ever alike, but they are definitely tasty.
Connect the banner using a burlap twine.
TIP: You will need to glue the burlap to the top edge of the final watermelon slices so that the banner will hang nice and evenly.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour