This “You Are a Star Pillow” will make the perfect birthday gift! Just look up the recipient’s astrological sign, pull up a star map for that sign, and make this cute pillow! It will make them feel like a star.
Supplies to make a 12” x 12” pillow cover:
1. Find a star map online showing you the lay-out of stars for the sign you want to use on the front of your pillow.
2. On the white felt, draw out the number of stars you need, then cut them out. The size depends on how many starts you need for your sign design. My design is a Gemini and it needed 13 stars, so my stars were a bit under 1”. It might be helpful to print out the star chart in the pillow size so you can get an idea of the lay-out.
3. On the 13” x 13” piece of black felt, use a white pencil to lightly sketch your star map.
4. Arrange the stars on the 13” x 13” piece of black felt. Stitch them down.
5. Use a running stitch, in white embroidery floss, and follow the white pencil marks you made when drawing the star map to stitch between the felt stars.
6. Once your star map is complete, lay the back pieces over the star map. Pin in place and then stitch around the outside of the square, with a sewing machine or by hand stitching. Use a ¼” seam allowance.
7. Turn pillow out through the back opening.
8. Place a pillow form into the pillow cover.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.