By Katie Berry
Valentine’s Day is about hearts and kisses and candy and LOVE! One thing I know is that Katie + Coffee = Love! Check out this adorable little Valentine’s Coffee Gift Card Holder that I made! I’ve got plenty of friends or family members in mind that would love this gift!
- 9” x 12” Kunin Felt Coordinates (1) White Dots on Candy Pink
- 9” x 12” Kunin Felt Corduroy (1) Sandstone, (1) Charcoal
- 9” x 12” Kunin Felt Classic (1) Red, (1) White
- Die Cut Machine (optional: Sizzix Super Star), Die Cutting Pads
- Sizzix Bigz Plain Bookmark Die
- Beacon Felt Glue
- White Embroidery Thread
How I made it:
1. Using the die cut machine, cutting pads, the bookmark die and the felt, cut two bookmarks.
2. Place the two bookmark pieces together back to back so that the dots are on the outside.
3. Using the white embroidery floss and a needle, stitch a blanket stitch around the outside of the bookmarks. I started my blanket stitch about ½ an inch down from the top. Stitch all the way around until you are even on the other side. I didn’t make my blanket stitches too big because I wanted to ensure that the gift card could slide down into the pocket.
4. Next, I cut out a cute little coffee cup, cup top and a coffee cup sleeve. I also cut out a heart to glue to the coffee sleeve.
5. Glue all of the pieces together and then glue it to the front of the gift card holder and then let it dry.
6. Insert a coffee gift card from your choice of any coffee shop!
7. Then give it to a coffee lover for Valentine’s Day!!!!
Who wouldn’t love to get a coffee gift card in this adorable little gift card holder?!?! Afterwards, it can be used to gift a gift card to someone else or it could be used as a bookmark or just a cut little ornament!
Hope you enjoyed this little gift card holder! It’s fun and easy. The kids could even make one for mom, dad or their teacher with the help of a parent with the needle and scissors of course!!!!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.